President Akufo-Addo paid an official visit to Abu Dhabi, at the invitation of Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi on Nov 18th, 2019.
The visit aimed at building stronger ties between the two countries. Nana Akufo-Addo was accompanied by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ms. Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey, and other officials of the Presidency and the Foreign Ministry.
Their discussions were focused on deepening the ties of cooperation and friendship that exists between the UAE and Ghana.
As a result, five (5) new cooperation agreements were signed by both governments. Agreements are as follows:
- Memorandum of Understanding between the UAE and Ghana on exemption of entry visa requirements
- Promotion and Reciprocal Protection of Investments
- Arrangement for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to taxes on income between Ghana and UAE
- Understanding between Ghana and UAE in the field of manpower
- Agreement between Ghana and the UAE on co-operation and mutual assistance in customs matters
Here is what Sheikh Mohammed tweeted about the reunion.
President Akufo-Addo said that the UAE’s investment in the Ghanaian economy is beneficial for Ghanaians and the overall progress of the country.