A doctor at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital poisoned his colleague’s drinking water with infected HIV Blood. This incident occurred on Thursday, May 6, 2021, around 11:30 In the morning. Reports indicate that the two doctors had a disagreement during their shift at the Labour ward. The matter is currently being investigated by the Korle Bu District police.
The doctor said that he was on a 24-hours shift with other six doctors at the Labour ward. After going back to his consulting room, he noticed that his drinking water had a reddish substance. A sample of the water was clinically tested and the results indicated that the water had been contaminated with HIV positive blood.